MCOSH offers injury prevention training to all workers in Central and Southern Tier NY. Our job is to make your workplace safer, more comfortable and more productive.
Ergonomics for all workers
This is a free service of the Midstate Council for Occupational Safety and Health, a nonprofit organization in Ithaca NY. Our services are funded through a grant from the NYS Department of Labor.
What is Ergonomics?
- Ergonomics is the practice of improving the comfort, safety, and satisfaction of people at work.
- Ergonomic programs decrease repetitive strain’ injuries such as carpal tunnel syndrome, tendinitis, lower back, neck, arm, and shoulder problems.
- Ergonomics can help all workers find the most comfortable, safest way to work.
- Ergonomics always makes good economic sense. Healthy, satisfied employees are an organization’s most important asset.
What we do
- We provide free ergonomic assistance and consulting
- Our program is flexible and is designed to meet your needs
- We work with any size organization, including individual workers
- We come to your workplace, even if you work at home
- We perform workstation evaluations and advise on proper workstation setup
- We help plan and implement comprehensive ergonomic programs
How you benefit
- Individuals get immediate help with their injuries or concerns
- Decreased injury rates
- Improved employee satisfaction and comfort
- Decreased lost work time and other injury related costs
- Help injured workers return to work safely